Friday, April 23, 2010

Day 6

The scripture for today is:
Judges 1:1-2:9
Psalm 90:1-91:16
Proverbs 13:24-25
Luke 21:29-22:13

Judges is all about history. I knew that before I started, but wow. It really is like reading a history book. Its even full of words that I can not pronounce. the power of God is evident through all of those words. His love and justice is never ending. He is the same God then that he is now. Nothing has changed. Not even the people it seems like. We still do the same things and expect the same things. Its funny the way God reveals himself.
Luke was a different story. It was the beginning of the betrayal of Jesus and almost time for passover and last supper. Jesus knew what was coming and yet he stood tall and never gave in to very human temptation so say I will not do this. How awesome is that. He loved us that much. the message is simple. Christ loves us and died for us and without his death we would still be making animal sacrifices to gain forgiveness for our sins. We would have to go to a most holy place or a priest to speak to God. He loved us that much. Its easy to forget, but he loves us that much.
Thank you Lord for your love and your life and your death on the cross. Thank you for allowing us to come to you directly and through that we can have a personal relationship with you. Give me the strength to live that love everyday. I love you Jesus. Thank you for making the ultimate sacrifice even though I did not deserve it. In the name of Jesus Christ I pray -Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to be as open as you want. Please refrain from personal attacks. I will never personally attack you. I do welcome constructive criticism and healthy conversation. I do allow anonymous comments, but leaving your name adds credibility. I will delete comments that attack me or other people who comment.